Landscape Architect and Campus Planner
The Van Yahres Studio of BCWH is seeking an extraordinary individual who shares our passion for campus planning and design as well as the general practice of landscape architecture. BCWH is a multidisciplinary design firm headquartered in vibrant Richmond, Virginia. Its Van Yahres Studio is nationally recognized for its work in campus planning and design.
This will be a senior position, with excellent opportunities for advancement. The successful candidate will start strong and advance quickly. Primary responsibilities will include design leadership, project management and client relations for a wide variety of planning and design projects. The successful candidate will be disciplined, well-organized and flexible. He or she must be an inspired planner and designer, capable of imagining, articulating and producing creative solutions to our clients’ needs. He or she must also possess excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with consultants, the firm’s partners and a talented and diverse staff.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program. A masters degree is desirable but not required.
- A minimum of 7-8 years relevant experience, showing steady growth in skills and responsibilities throughout their career.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent writing ability.
- Strong technical skills, including grading, construction design and construction administration.
- Professional registration in the Commonwealth of Virginia or the ability to obtain registration through comity.
- Strong graphic skills, including freehand drawing.
- Fluency in computer skills, including MS Office, Adobe CS, AutoCadd and Sketchup or similar modeling programs. Experience in BIM programs such as Revit is desirable but not required.
- Strong interest in the world of higher education.
If you are looking for professional opportunity and creative challenges as part of a friendly, caring and well-managed firm, we would love to hear from you. BCWH offers health, life, short and long-term disability insurance, paid sick leave, a 401K plan, paid vacations and holidays.
BCWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please send resumes and expressions of interest to BCWH 1840 West Broad Street, Suite 400 Richmond, VA 23220. Digital resumes and portfolios (5 MB max file size) may be directed to Syd Knight. No calls, please.